Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!


  This May Day celebration took place in Sumter, SC in 1938.
 The picture includes my Maternal Grandmother's sister, Lila Lorine (Daughrity)Robinson (1918-1951).

May Day Celebration
Sumter,SC 1938
©Cheri Hudson Passey

Fortunately, names of the woman are written on the back from left to right. The little girls aren't named.

Back of May Day Picture
Sumter,SC 1938
©Cheri Hudson Passey

Gennese Montgomery
Erline Pack
Edith Evans
Becka Cherry (Mrs. Hugh Kolb)
Mary Wells
Martha McCoy
Lorine Daughrity
Fredrika Stoudenmire
Ethel Morrisy
Nella Commander
Delle Ducorn
Glenn Brown
Billie Spencer
                                              May Day 1938


Are any of them in your family tree? Let me know!
Thanks for stopping by!

Helping you climb your family tree,

   

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely photograph, Cheri, and the names are a great bonus! Hopefully someone has the same photo but with the little girls named as well! Definitely a treasure for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted to the county genealogy page on FB in hopes that someone will recognize them. It would be fun to send copies to family members of either the houng women or the little girls.
    Thanks for reading and commenting on my post, Celia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photograph! I remember Nelle Commander - she was once married to my grandmother's first cousin and lived with my grandparents in Miami, Fl for a while. Edith Evans may be realted to aniother cousin of mine, Do you mind if I share it with her? Wilson McElveen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilson, please share it! I was hoping when I posted this picture someone would recognize the names and faces! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Wow - a picture with names on the back. What a concept!
    I have some Stoudamire/Stoudamoyer -- probably a variation on the Stoudenmire in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I wish the names of the little girls were on it too! I hope that I can get copies or the pic to family members. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete