Sept. 28-Oct. 4
On this day 70 years ago, my maternal Grandfather, Gilbert Ernest Roberts,Sr. (1920-1944) was killed in action while serving in the US Marine Corps during WWII. His death occurred during a battle on Peleliu Island in the South Pacific. Gilbert was 24 years old and left a wife and two children. He is buried in Quaker Cemetery, Camden, Kershaw, South Carolina.
The 158th birthday of my maternal Great Great Grandmother, Francis Virginia McRady McManus (1856-1903). Fannie was born in Sumter County, South Carolina and was the daughter of Thomas McRady (1821-1896) and Mary Jane Brown (1821-1894).
Are we kin? Please contact me: Cheripass@aol.com. Together we can find our people!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Monday, September 22, 2014
Seven Things About Myself
1) I am the mother of 11 and grandmother of 15.
2) My father served in the USAF and I was lucky enough to live for a time in Bermuda and England.
3) I was born in SC and most of my ancestors, for many generations, are South Carolinian's.
4) I began researching my family over 30 years ago.
5) I love teaching people how to begin researching their family.
6) Indexing is one of the ways I relax.
7) And something not genealogy related...I am a Sea Turtle Patrol Volunteer.
Blogs that I admire:
There are so many wonderful blogs out there! Here are some that I would like to nominate:
1) Trials and Tribulations of a Self Taught Family Historian by Shannon Combs-Bennett
2) The Pendleton Genealogy Post by Catherine Pendleton
3) Saving Stories by Robin Foster
4) Tonia's Roots by Tonia Kendrick
5) Sally Searches by Sally Knudsen
6) Beautiful Water Genealogy by Christine McCloud
7) West in New England by Bill West
8) Are My Roots Showing? by Jenny Lanctot
8) My Adventures in Genealogy by Liz Loveland
9) Jollette Etc. by Wendy Mathias
10) Leaves and Branches by Colleen Pasquale
11) Genealogy by Ginger by Ginger Smith
12) The Dead Librarian by Debbie Bloom
13) A Family Tapestry by Jaqi Stevens
14) Beth's Genealogy Blog by Beth Sparrow
15) A Sense of Family by Shelley Bishop